WHAT IS RETT SYNDROME AND WHAT'S THIS BLOG ABOUT?

Rett syndrome is a neurological disorder caused by a faulty gene that affects mainly girls. Our daughter Amy was diagnosed with it in June 2009, shortly before her second birthday. She also has congenital heart disease. This blog reflects my family's experience of Rett and my own reactions to it.

Tuesday, 15 October 2013

Yellow

Amy came home from school today with a note in her book from her teacher. It said: "Is Amy's new bedroom yellow? I asked her what colour it was, and she used PODD to tell me yellow."

Amy's bedroom is yellow. (Although when finished will be a combination of yellow and red.) Yellow curtains, yellow bedcover, yellow bedside table.

And no-one at school knew this til Amy told them.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad they asked. I imagine that she lit up like in the picture you posted when she answered questions about her swanky new space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Teach and Presume Competence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet that made your day! - and hers! x

    ReplyDelete